One task that finds itself on my list three times a year is to put together the next issue of The Women's LINK. Its logo reads, "Linking Women to One Another and to the Word." Fitting for a church newsletter, don't you think? We try to cover a variety of topics to encourage the women (and men) who read it. Last winter, our theme was "Ten Things." Yep! A newsletter full of lists. These lists were not intended to keep readers up late or bog them down. Instead, we hoped they would encourage them, spark some fresh ideas, and even make them smile.
This coming weekend, the fall issue of the LINK will be distributed. Our theme? Books! Seems to me this is the time of year when we find ourselves reaching for something to anchor our routines and stimulate our minds, something to read.
So, here's a list of ten books. Perhaps one or two will be the right read for you.
1. Pathway of Peace: Living in a Growing Relationship with Christ by Cheryl Elton
2. The Red Sea Rules: 10 God-given Strategies for Difficult Times by Robert J. Morgan
3. Switch on Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health by Dr. Caroline Leaf
4. Windows of the Soul: Hearing God in the Everyday Moments of Your Life by Ken Gire
5. Pictures Your Heart Remembers: Building Lasting Memories of Love and Acceptance in Your Family by John Trent, Ph.D.
6. Acts of Faith Trilogy: The Centurion's Wife, The Hidden Flame, The Damascus Way by Davis Bunn and Janette Oke
7. Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment by Linda Dillow
8. Ruth Bell Graham's Collected Poems
9. Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young
10. Secure in the Everlasting Arms by Elisabeth Elliot
What books have you enjoyed? Please . . . add them to the list!